Ingleside continues to be involved with the District Attorney’s Restorative Justice program. We said good-bye to Assistant District Attorney Sharon Reardon who has been selected to take over cases in a specialized prosecutorial unit at the Hall of Justice. We most certainly welcome Assistant District Attorney Rani Singh who has already jumped in with two feet and has been reviewing cases.
Our next Ingleside Community meetings of this year will be held on Tuesday, September 18 at 7:00 pm at the Ingleside Community Room.
Stay safe and remember if you “See Something-Say Something’!
Captain Daniel J. Mahoney
This gallery contains 6 photos.
Whole Foods Market opened its doors Wednesday, Aug. 29 to nearly 200 customers.
The San Francisco Department of Public Works has released its plans for streetscape improvement sites that will be payed for with funds from the Road Repaving & Street Safety Bond. Improvements include street paving, additional or updated curb ramps and sidewalks, new or fixed street structures like bridges and traffic signals.
View the DPW’s website here for more information. Examine the hi-res map to see potential changes in your neighborhood.
I have been informed that in the past 10 days that a neighbor’s car was stolen, a burglary occurred on Eastwood and an attempted burglary occurred on Faxon The car was found and returned to the owner. The attempted burglary was thwarted by the property owner who called 911.In both cases of burglary, there was a forced entry. The side door was knocked in.Both Ingleside and Taraval Police Stations have been notified. If you have information about these incidents, contact Officer Marie-France Conceicao atHere are some tips to help prevent breakins:
- Make sure your doors and windows are locked, particularly when you leave the house.
- Determine what locks to use by contacting a certified locksmith who can recommend a lock that matches your needs. Our neighbor, Jeff Lorton, told me that Consumer Reports recommends Medeco Maxum deadbolt. It is the only residential lock they have tested that cannot be picked, hammered, drilled, and are resistant to crowbars.(http://www.medeco.
- Replace any hollow core doors that are easy to kick in with solid core doors.
- Have a security alarm installed.
- Have a neighbor or friend keep an eye on your house when you are away.
- Keep a radio on when you are not at home and invest in timers to turn your lights on at night .
- Get to know your neighbors and set up a neighborhood watch. San Francisco Safe www.sfsafe.org provides information on home security assessments and setting up a Neighborhood Watch for your block.
- Report any suspicious activity to the police.
On August 8th, a fire early in the morning burned several businesses on Ocean Avenue’s 1500 block, forcing several to shut down indefinitely. On August 14th, Mayor Ed Lee and city department heads addressed the Ocean Avenue community about what the city will do to relieve the negative impact on the property owners, business owners and their employees.